Raise your hand if you had apple pie so far this holiday season? If your Thanksgiving was anything like mine, you can raise your hand for apple pie, pumpkin pie… and three or four other desserts.
Don’t worry, there is a healthy Paleo way to get your “apple pie fix”, and it’s ridiculously delicious. It’s so good, I would pick this over an apple pie on EVERY occasion.
Baked Cinnamon Apples – “Paleo Apple Pie”
- Apples of your choice (Fuji’s are great if you like a sweet apple, or Granny Smith if you like an apple that is more tart)
- Organic Butter (preferably grass fed)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the majority of the core out of the apple, leaving the bottom in place.
- Place apples on baking sheet (some juices will run)
- Stuff 1 tbsp. butter into each apple
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on how soft you like your apples.
- Serve in a bowl because the juices will run and you want to be able to soak them up with the apple.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired and enjoy!
This is a great recipe that really satisfies that craving for apple pie, but without the guilt. Best of all, it fills your house with that delicious aroma that we all know and love!