This meal has the three most important things a good recipe should have. Great taste, texture, and BACON! Another recipe I’m in love with!
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep-time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
– 4 small sweet potatoes
– 4 strips bacon (chopped into small pieces)
– 1/3 package of uncooked pork sausage
– 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter (Kerrygold)
– 1 sweet onion (finely diced)
– 2 tbsp. minced garlic
– salt and pepper to taste
– garlic salt to taste
– Peel sweet potatoes and shred in food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a cheese grater, although it is much more labor intensive.
– Set shredded sweet potatoes aside.
– Melt half the butter in a pan and saute diced onion and garlic.
– Add bacon pieces and sausage to the onions and garlic and cook until bacon is crispy and sausage is cooked through.
– Add remaining butter and melt.
– Add shredded sweet potatoes and mix in with the other ingredients.
– Sprinkle on seasonings and stir in.
– Cook until desired texture is achieved. I like the sweet potatoes to still be slightly crunchy.
Enjoy and let us know how you like it!