Posted on 04. Apr, 2012 by Tony Frezza in Recipes
This is my absolute favorite Paleo dessert. If you are a chocoholic like myself, you probably scoff at the idea of having berries and heavy cream as a Paleo dessert. Your brain can’t wrap around the idea of fruit serving as a treat, because you absolutely NEED chocolate.
I know the feeling and that’s why I asked my wife to try out making some Paleo Reese’s Cups using melted dark chocolate bars and almond butter. Almond butters can usually run really liquid and gooey like the kind we used, or are more nuttier like the ground up kind at Whole Foods. I liked the oozing out of the almond butter personally, but you can feel free to try either way.
And I have a confession to make…I have to eat one piece of dark chocolate almost everyday. Now that I got that off my chest…Enjoy!
-3 Dark chocolate bars (at least 70% cacao)
-1 tbsp Kerrygold butter
-2 packets Stevia (optional)
-Mini muffin tin liners
-Mini muffin tin
– Prepare your muffin tin with the liners. I like to spritz the liners with a touch of olive oil natural cooking spray so they peel off the cup easily when eating.
– Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
– Add the dark chocolate to the melted butter and melt on medium low heat until smooth.
– For a little extra sweetness you can stir in the Stevia packets. (This takes some of the bitterness out of the dark chocolate, although it’s not really necessary.)
– Drop a small spoonful of melted chocolate into each liner, making sure to use a spoon or small spatula to coat the sides of the liner all around.
– Drop about a teaspoon or so of almond butter inside each cup.
– Spoon the remaining melted chocolate into each cup, covering the almond butter.
– Lick the spoon clean so you don’t waste ANY chocolate!
– Put in freezer for about an hour and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Makes about 18 cups.
Join to Live a Superhuman Life
Which includes no spam!