Paleo spaghetti is the perfect dish to feed your cravings for Italian. It’s a very tasty dish that uses a spaghetti squash in place of pasta. Pasta can be the downfall for a lot of people trying to diet. Most dieters try to stick to whole wheat/grain pasta, but this still isn’t optimal for a healthy diet. This meal will take about an hour to prepare, but it’s not all that much work. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!
– 1 spaghetti squash
– jar of your favorite organic spaghetti sauce (watch out for added sugar!)
– 1 lb. ground beef (preferably grass fed)
– 1 medium sized sweet onion
– 2 tbsp. minced garlic
– 2 tsp. garlic salt
– Any other seasonings you like in your sauce
Directions for “Pasta”
– Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
– Pierce holes in the spaghetti squash with a knife and bake on a baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes.
– Remove from oven and cut the squash in half (use a potholder because it will be very hot)
– Place cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for another 20 minutes.
– Remove from oven and scoop out the center with all the seeds and discard.
– Check the squash with a fork to make sure it’s done. The “spaghetti” should pull away easily from the sides of the squash with the fork but should not be mushy. (Almost like an al dente version of angel hair)
Directions for Sauce
– In large pot, brown ground beef
– Add sauce and stir
– Mince onion and add to the sauce mixture
– Add garlic and other seasonings and stir thoroughly
– Cook sauce covered on low while the squash is baking, stirring every so often.
Serve over spaghetti squash pasta and enjoy!