Since my wife Shannon and I are both very active people, we like to use sweet potatoes and fruits in our diets to provide our bodies with carbohydrates. You can see from our past couple sweet potato recipes sweet potato pancakes & meat lover’s sweet potato hash that my wife is somewhat of a magician when it comes to sweet potatoes in the kitchen. As for my skills, I’ve started experimenting with them in protein shakes.
Sweet Potato Meatloaf
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
– 1 lb. grass fed beef
– 1 lb. ground pork (grass fed if possible)
– 1 lb. pork sausage
– 1 medium to large sweet potato (peeled and shredded)
– 2 eggs
– 1 can tomato paste
– 1 sweet onion (minced)
– 2 tbsp. garlic powder
– 1 tbsp. onion powder
– 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp. cumin
– 1 tbsp. Adobo seasoning
– 1 tsp. garlic salt
– salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2) Combine all meats and onion together in bowl.
3) Add eggs and tomato paste and mix with hands.
4) Add sweet potato shreds and mix with hand
5) Add remaining ingredients and mix with hands until well blended.
6) Feel free to add any extra seasonings you like or play with the amounts of the required seasonings.
7) Place meat mixture into a meat loaf pan and round at the top with your hands, almost like sculpting.
8) Place in oven for 1 hour. Meat should be thoroughly cooked through. If not, cook another 5 minutes at a time until cooked through.
9) Serve and enjoy! Makes great leftovers!
And why not include this in our Meatloaf post – Will Ferrel in Wedding Crashers quote – “Hey Ma! The meatloaf! We want it now! The meatloaf!”