Paleo Tacos! With Egg White Soft shells, beef, salsa, onions, lettuce!
This is for all my guy friends out there who are too busy to cook, aka they don’t know how. These bachelor tacos are so easy and simple that yes, a caveman could do them! They only take about 15 minutes to fully complete and can taste like a five star meal. And best of all, you can choose from a wide array of toppings to spice them up!
- 1 lb. ground beef (chicken or peeled shrimp with tails cut off also works very well in this recipe)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (these are not usually perfectly paleo, but still not too bad. Try to find an organic one, if possible.)
- Egg whites (the kind in the carton is the best for making the “taco shells.” Whole eggs can be mixed in but will make a thicker shell. We like a good shell to meat ratio so we just used the egg whites.
- chopped onion
- organic salsa
- cheese (if ya wanna cheat a little)
- Make the beef, chicken or shrimp using the directions on the back of the taco seasoning packet.
-Beef should cook in only about 10 minutes. You can start your egg white shells soon after you get the meat going.
- In a hot, well greased saucepan, pour about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the pan and swirl around to fill the pan. Let it cook fully on one side and the flip. Add a little salt while cooking.
- Make as many as you need for the tacos.
- Fill the “shells” with the meat or shrimp filling and add any toppings you desire such as lettuce, onion, salsa, avocado, cheese, etc.
- You can also make some homemade guacamole and serve with sliced cucumbers for “chips and salsa.”
Great for dinner, but you will find yourself craving these for breakfast as well!