This is another Paleo Recipe for the “Best Paleo Recipes” Cookbook. It has several different components that are pretty amazing in their own right. The Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown was awesome and is completely versatile to go with almost any meat or fish. Same thing goes for the tomato pesto sauce that we drizzled on top. The next night we had pork tenderloin and I’d venture to say it was even better drizzled on that! Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Shrimp and Cod over Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown with Tomato Pesto Drizzle
– 4 pieces of cod, or your favorite type of fish
– 1 lb. peeled shrimp
– 1 spaghetti squash
– 1 can organic coconut milk (Thai Kitchen makes the best)
– 1/2 can of organic tomato paste
– 1 packet of pesto seasoning mix (organic is best if you can find it)
– Kerrygold grass fed butter
– Garlic salt, garlic powder, pepper and Adobo seasoning to taste
Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees
– Pierce squash a few times with fork and place in pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
– Take out of the oven and cut in half long ways. Put cut sides back down on pan and bake for another 15 minutes.
– Once finished baking, scoop out seeds and pull out “spaghetti” with a fork into a bowl.
– Melt a tbsp. butter onto a large skillet and drop handfuls of squash onto pan. Sprinkle each handful with garlic salt and mix in with a fork. Form the handfuls into round shapes with a spatula and pat down. Brown on each side and continue until all the squash is used.
– After squash is done baking, you will put the shrimp in the oven, so keep the oven heated.
– Clean shrimp and cut off tails.
– Place in a casserole dish and mix with about 2 tbsp. melted butter, garlic salt and garlic powder to taste.
– Bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degree.
Tomato Pesto Sauce
– Heat coconut milk on medium heat and add tomato paste. Whisk thoroughly until smooth.
– Add in pesto packet and whisk until completely blended.
– Simmer on low until ready to serve, whisking often.
– Rinse cod and season with garlic salt, pepper and adobo seasoning to taste.
– Brown on each side in a pan with a little melted butter.
– Serve over hash browns with shrimp on the side and spoon sauce on top. Delicious!
Serve any remaining hash browns with scrambled eggs the next morning!
Recipe by Shannon Frezza
Tell us how yours came out and if you tried any different food pairings!